Wednesday 11 November 2015

10 Tips I Learnt From the Bobbi Brown Masterclass

Bobbi Brown is one of those brands that is dependable and is great for all skintones. I love how natural the makeup products make you look and I remember that the first high-end lipstick I ever bought was Bobbi Brown, which was the same shade as my lips. With all that being said, I was very happy to be invited to a Bobbi Brown Masterclass at House of Fraser in Birmingham, where Amy Conway would be leading the lesson. I have followed Amy for a while, so I was also very happy to be seeing this lady too.

 

There was a lot that I learnt from this masterclass but there were 10 tips that stuck with me, that I now like to incorporate into my make-up application.

1. Using two blushes, one that is a nude shade and the second to be brighter. It makes it look more natural, like a post-gym flush. Also make sure to blush the blusher on downwards, as this is the same direction as the hairs.

2. "Enhance what you love on your face" and not to concentrate just on what you want to hide. As this allows you the emphasis to be on your favourite parts of your face.

3. Use a shadow in neutral cool tones on the brows for the most natural finish, as powder has more give and doesn't slide like a wax pencil.

5. Greige - between grey and beige, great for a special occasion and very flattering on all skintones.

6. When you do a smokey eye, use highlighter last to blend it all together. Press the pigment on, which will give you the most seamless finish.

7. Whatever you use, if it doesn't brighten or lift then don't put it on.

8. Stick with sparkle, as it won't sink into fine lines. Fine sparkle that gives high shine. As Amy says, "If in doubt, sparkle it out".

9. Use navy liner instead of black for brown eyes, as it makes the whites of the eyes look brighter.

10. Tilt brush downwards on lower lash line allows for all parts of the skin to not be avoided.



As you can see, from the finished look on the beautiful model, it is exactly what Amy was talking about. Stunningly natural, yet seamless. I will most definitely be trying this look myself.

What do you think of these 10 tips? What would you add?

Nutella Does Beauty

*Many thanks to the House of Fraser team and to Tony for setting up this great event and invites*

No comments:

Post a Comment