Tuesday 29 December 2015

There's a New Beauty Hotspot in Brum Town.

Hidden away on the second floor of John Lewis, in Grand Central Birmingham, is a new salon that does hair, nails, waxing, massages and threading. However the difference between this salon and others within Birmingham, is that the products they use are organic. They use Pai and Pinks Boutique's products to do threading, facials, massages and waxing treatments. I am already familiar with Pai and have used some of their products in the past but Pink's Boutique are a bunch of products that are completely new to me.

I was invited along to the salon to try out some of the treatments, a Party Package which consists of Gel Nails, Eyebrow Threading and Blowdry, costing £50.

There was a large selection of colours for the OPI Gel Nails treatment but disappointing that there was no colour wheel, but Danielle was amazing. Fast, a perfectionist and a Caribbean relaxed nature that made it easy for me to chill. The gels lasted a week before the first chip occured and I had them removed after a week and a half because they had stained from some amazing Jamaican food I ate. I found out that Danielle doesn't work in the salon but instead in Regis on Corporation St, Regis UK owns the spa in this salon, so I will be going back to her for another very soon.
OPI Gel Nail Colour in My Way or No Way and Can't Find My Czechbook.

Before and after of my blowdry, done by Pam. I got a Kerastase treatment that was intended to nourish and condition, as well as a big and bouncy blowdry that looked even better the day after, shown in the last image below. My hair felt silky soft and Pam teased it to become even better, the only gripe I had was that the hairdryer was burning my scalp but I told Pam about this and she rectified it very quickly.

I have always had an interest in organic products, especially since I came across brands such as Bodhi and Pai, but never have been able to get my head around them properly. But I was able to learn more on the day about what ingredients are best to be avoided, what sites to use to help and why you should even do this. I always intended to slowly finish my products and go organic slowly and have already incorporated Lyons Leaf Body Balm as my make-up remover but now I am slowly becoming a label reader, which has been enabled by this very trip. The products smelt amazing and the thought of having a facial or massage with these products just excites me. I find it strange that all the products that are touching the skin are organic but yet the haircare is not, an element that was overseen by John Lewis perhaps?
Pros
Location is quiet and relaxed,  despite being in a busy shopping centre
Great treatments are available, such as the Skin Workout
Pai and Pinks Boutique used within the salon
Staff are from a number of salons within Birmingham and they appeared to have scouted the best of the best
Prices are better than various other places in Birmingham
Easy to book online.

Cons
No organic products used for hair

If you didn't know, now you know.

More information - http://www.johnlewis.com/andbeauty

Until the next time, chick-a-dees

Nutella Does Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment